350 Digital Marketing Case Studies And Examples
When I started building my first online business there were so many unknowns.How do I create products that people want to buy? How to drive traffic? Build a list? Increase conversions? Generate more profit?
These are just some of the skills required for the soloprenuer looking to start and grow a profitable website.
Below you’ll find a growing collection of online marketing and profit growth case studies that you can follow for success.
Let’s do this!
SEO Case Studies
Search is still one of the highest converting traffic sources around. It’s going to be an important part of a complete online marketing plan for the foreseeable future.
Learn how to leverage this incredible source of free visitors with the in-depth case studies below.
- 5 Data-Backed SEO Strategies From Top Experts
- Ecommerce SEO Case Study
- Increasing Organic SEO Traffic By 400,000 Unique Visitors A Month
- How To Drive Organic Search Traffic To An Affiliate Site In No Time
- How To Grow a New Website to Over 100,000 Organic Visits Per Month
- How I Increased My Blog Traffic By 44% In Under a Month
- How I Grew Quick Sprout From 121,311 to 244,923 Readers In 30 Days
- How to get more than 100,000 visits from Google per month (Case study)
- 150,000 Monthly Pageviews And No Backlink Building
- The Case for Content: 620% Organic Growth
- How We Skyrocketed Website Traffic 2200% in 1 Year [case study]
- An International SEO Implementation Tale – Sitemaps: rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x”
- Case Study: The Impact of HrefLang Tag
- Google Plus Search and Google Authorship Case Study
- Effect of Showing Date Stamps On Blog Traffic [Case Study]
- How Black Hats Are Still Gaming SEO For Competitive Keywords – Case Study
- How To Sucker Punch Google With Fake Branding
- White Hat SEO Case Study: 348% More Organic Traffic in 7 Days
- How To Triple Your Startup’s Organic Traffic with Zero Link Building – A Case Study
- How We Increased Organic Blog Traffic by 203.5% in Less Than 3 Months – And You Can Too
- The Disavow Tool Works! Real Sites, Real Recoveries!
- Can Google Authorship Really Cause A Huge Traffic Drop? [Case Study]
- A Case Study In B2B SEO Keyword Analysis
- Continued Proof That Inbound Marketing is The New SEO [Case Study]
- Case Study: How I Went From 1000 To 10000 Page Views Per Month
- The True Power of Evergreen Content – A Case Study
- An Evergreen Content Case Study
- How to Drive Organic Search Traffic to an Affiliate Site in No Time [Case Study]
- Improving The Impact Of Links In Old Content
Link Building Case Studies
Although search algorithms are continuously changing, a site’s link profile remains one of the most important factors.
The case studies below will help you become a link building ninja, by learning from those who have done it before.
These aren’t theoretical ideas or vague strategy articles. Instead, you’ll find real examples of how people have grown their sites through effective link building.
- How To Build Links To Your Blog
- Link Building Case Study – Leveraging Engaging Content
- Link Building Case Study: How I Increased My Search Traffic by 110% in 14 Days
- How I Got My 10 Best Links
- How to Build Links to Your Blog – A Case Study
- Case Study: Does Building Links to a Local Listing Help Rank?
- An Outreach Experiment for Paid Links in the Travel Industry
- [Unnatural] Links are DEAD – A Case Study
- What is natural link building? Examples and case study
- Case Study: $5 Link Building – Search Engine Journal
- Case Study: Using Infographics for Link Building
- The Zero Link Building Experiment – How To Rank A Site Without Building Links
- How I Picked up a PR4 domain for $12 Thanks to Buzzstream
- How We Got a Link from The New York Times
- Offline is the New Online Link Building Strategy [Case Study]
- How I Landed on the New York Times and What It All Means
- Using Contests To Build Links
- Post-Penguin Anchor Text Case Study
- Niche Site Duel 2.0 – Effective & Long-term Link Building
- A Case Study for better Ranking and Link Building
- Link Building Case Study Leveraging Engaging Content
Social Media Case Studies
Learning to grow an engaged community on the various social media platforms is becoming increasingly important to improving user engagement, influencer outreach, content marketing, and site traffic.
This section focuses on multiple platforms, followed by sections dedicated to Facebook and Twitter.
- Using Social Media To Grow A Niche Site
- How Social Media Helped Cisco Shave $100,000+ Off A Product Launch
- A Fascinating B2B Social Media Success Story
- How Maersk Line Generated B2B Leads With Social Media
- Inbound Marketing For Specialty Manufacturers
- Going “Viral” On Tumblr: A Microblog Micro-Case Study
- How Google+ Influencers Helped My Unknown Page Get Into 500 More Circles In A Weekend
- My Viral Content Buzz Case Study: How To Get Found On The Internet
- Slideshare Traffic Case Study • From 0 to 243,000 Views in 30 Days
- How Constant Contact Uses Pinterest to Reach A B2B Market
- How I Got 25,000 Blog Subscribers From Pinterest – In 2 Months Flat
- How One Infographic Received 30,000 Repins on Pinterest
- Using Pinterest To Attract And Retain Valuable Website Traffic (Case Study)
- [Case Study] Infographic + Social Outreach = Huge Traffic Gains
- How To Get Over 50,000 Visits To Your Blog In The First Month
- Be Everywhere: How I Got 2000+ NEW Visitors To My Site
- How I got over 80,000 clicks to one blog post
- Case Study – Following Rand’s Advice On Virality
- Social Networking Stats: Facebook Drives More Dollars, But Twitter Drives More Traffic
- Social Media Showdown: Google+ Beating LinkedIn Closing In on Twitter, Facebook
- Who Generates More Traffic For Your Website – Twitter or Facebook
- Case Study: Twitter + StumbleUpon = Massive Traffic
- Becoming a Top Influencer with Triberr – an IBM #SmarterCommerce Case Study
- How I Doubled My Traffic by Finding My Audience
- [Weekly Case Study #1] How I Got 1,325 Unique Visitors, 159 Facebook Likes, 70 Retweets
Twitter Marketing Case Studies
Twitter is one of the most popular social networks around, and it can be used to send major traffic to your site. Use these case studies to learn how to grow your following. Then turn that following into a massive traffic swarm.
- Case Study: Can You Launch a New Site With Twitter Alone?
- Case Study: How I Used Twitter to Generate 35,967 Extra Hits to my Site in Just 14 Days
- Case Study: How One Local Coffee Shop Uses Twitter
- Twitter: 5 Business Case Studies
- Does Twitter Drive Traffic to Your Blog?
- How I Attracted 10,000 Twitter Followers in a Year (My 5 Step Process)
- How @ThanMerrill added 9k new email subscribers in 5 months from Twitter
- Twitter Drives Traffic, Sales: A Case Study
- Superdry Tweet Fuel – Converting Your Tweets To Fuel [Twitter Case Study]
- [Case Study] The Headline News Twitter Integrated Cup Sleeve
- 198% ROI Using Twitter Advertising
- 3 Powerful Case Studies That Show How To Advertise On Twitter
- A’s Effect On Rankings – An Unexpected Case Study
- How Twitter Traffic Generation Became My Largest Source
- [Case Study] The Headline News Twitter Integrated Cup Sleeve
- How to increase traffic on your blog using Twitter?
- Superdry Tweet Fuel – Converting Your Tweets To Fuel [Twitter Case Study]
- Twitter Case Study: When I Decided To Tweet Every 30 Minutes?
Facebook Marketing Case Studies
Facebook is another social network that deserves its own section. If you are looking to get more out of Facebook, take a look at the examples below!
- 736 Page Likes In 6 Days
- How To Get 22,440 Facebook Fans In 10 Weeks
- From 1 To 94 Leads Within 90 Days On Facebook
- Deeper Dive On A Facebook Marketing Case Study
- Facebook Case Study: From 517 to 33,000 fans in two weeks (plus media coverage)
- Facebook Advertising for Lead Acquisition Case Study
- How to get your first 10,000 fans on Facebook (case study)
- In-Depth Small Business Facebook Case Study And Strategy: Mykidstime
- Multiple Photo Posts Increased Clicks 1290%: Facebook Case Study
- Using Facebook Contests to Drive Fans, Engagement, and Website Traffic [Case Study]
- How To Make Your Status Update Go Viral On Facebook [Case Study]
- 6 Simple Tips for Increasing Facebook Traffic to Your Blog [Case Study]
- How To Advertise On Facebook
- 253% ROI Facebook Ads Case Study
- Do Facebook Promoted Posts Work
- How to Increase your Facebook Likes with a Small Budget: Case Study
- 105 Facebook Advertising Case Studies
- Free Hosting – Facebook Ads Case Study
- How I Made $400 With Facebook Ads In One Week
- How I Got 35X ROI on Facebook Ads
- How We Got To 40,310 Facebook Fans In 4 Days
Paid Traffic Case Studies
While free traffic is the Holy Grail (and the case studies found on this page can help you find it), it’s often nice to get instant results. Paid traffic allows you to get feedback immediately. The examples below will help you master the art of traffic buying.
- $1k Profit In 1 Week (PPC Case Study)
- LinkedIn Ads vs. Facebook Ads – A Case Study
- Facebook vs StumbleUpon – Paid Traffic
- Sports news site sees a 997% higher than average CTR on Facebook Ads
- Google Adwords: A Case Study On Quality Score
- Results from 13 paid traffic tests [Case Study]
Conversion Optimization Case Studies
Learning how to improve conversion rates doesn’t have to be mysterious. It’s just a methodical process that requires continuous testing. Every site and niche can respond differently to the same tweak, so take these examples as guidelines rather than rules. That said, there are some long standing methodologies that work across industries. Learn from the examples below, and adjust for your audience.
- 23 Data-Backed List Building Strategies From Top Experts
- Prominent Price Display Increases Leads Generated By 100%
- Using Video To Lift Landing Page Conversion Rate By 100%
- How A Single A/B Test Increased Conversions By 336%
- Why Ditching My $5,000 Custom Design Increased Sales
- How Updating The Moz Landing Page Earned An Extra $1 Million
- How WikiJob Increased Sales By 34% By A/B Testing Customer Testimonials
- GetResponse Increases Free Trial Signups By 158%
- Increasing Subscriber Rate 10x Overnight
- Growing Conversions 100% By Rethinking Design Strategy
- Customer Review Widget Increases Sales By 58.29%
- Customize Search Page To Increase Ecommerce Sales
Email Marketing Case Studies
Once you’ve learned to grow your email list, take a look at the case studies below. You’ll learn how to effectively promote your content, products, and services to that list. Learn to maximize profits.
- Generating $40,000 In Sales Without Annoying Subscribers
- Increasing List Profits By $31,940 With Email Segmentation
- Moosejaw Adds Personality To Emails
Blogging Case Studies
Blogging has been around for over a decade, but its corporate popularity has only begun to grow lately. Not only can you learn to make a full-time income from blogging, you can also learn how to use a blog to support your main products and services. Whatever your blogging goals, take a look at the in-depth case studies below.
- How To Build A Top 100 Blog In 12 Months
- Getting 1,000+ Subscribers From A Single Blog Post In 24 Hours
- Increasing Blog Traffic 1,000% In 8 Weeks
- How To Make Money With A Blog (With Case Studies As Proof)
- 6 Months of Blog Growth: Results and Lessons Learned
- 50 Posts In 25 Days Project: Week Five Results
- How I Increased My Blog Traffic by 30%
- The 35 posts in 21 Days Case Study – God of SEO
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Blog Traffic Even If You Abandon Your Blog for Fifty Days [Case Study]
- 17 Ways To Improve Your Blog – Case Study
- How I Got Over 11,908 Visitors In My Blog’s Third Week
- 30 Day Blog Challenge Results: 100% More Traffic, 30% More Sales, and #1 On Amazon
- The Formula I Used To Write A Post That Got 95,000 Views
- How To Build A Successful Blog With More Than 250,000 Unique Visits Per Month
- The Blogging “Magic Number”: Increasing Website Traffic 1,000% In 8 Weeks [Case Study]
- ProBlogger Case Study Series : @ProBlogger
Content Marketing Case Studies
Content marketing is a natural extension to the blogging case studies above. To effectively promote your blog, you’ll need to learn how to promote the content you create. That’s where the content marketing examples below come into play.
- Lift Sales Leads 124% With Targeted Persona Strategy
- 11 Examples Of Killer B2B Content Marketing Campaigns Including ROI
- How Content Marketing Saved A Brick And Mortar Business
Influencer Outreach Case Studies
Networking with the influencers in your niche is one of the key factors that will propel your company to success. These are the people who will share your content and products with the world. Conducting proper influencer outreach is the key to building this network. Check out the case studies below to learn how to gain attention (and what to avoid).
- Reverse Outreach Through Twitter [Real Examples]
- [Real Examples] Here’s How You Get An Influencer To Send You 200 Visitors
- How To Find Influencers Who Already Want To Share Your Content [Case Study]
- How I Reach Out To Busy People And Get Responses
- How To Get Blogger Reviews [Real Outreach Examples]
- Using Images For E-mail Outreach
- How to Write the Perfect Outreach Email: The 9-Step Script for Emailing Busy People
- Outreach Through Twitter And Facebook [Real Examples]
- [Traffic Case Study] How to Quickly Explode Your Traffic By Connecting With Top Bloggers
- How I Convinced 120 Influential Entrepreneurs to Give Their Advice For Free in Under 3 Weeks
- 3 Ways to Drastically Improve Outreach for “Big Content” [Case Study]
- How I Get Social Shares And Links From Influencers Just By Asking
- Outreach Letters for Link Building [Real Examples]
Niche Site Case Studies
Niche site case studies are always a great read. You’ll often watch as someone builds up a profitable site from scratch. Check out the examples below to learn how multiple online marketing skills come together to create profitable sites.
- $1 Million Per Month Authority Blogging
- How I Built A Niche Website That Ranked #1 In Google And Made $93.32 In 38 Days
- Niche Website Case Study: apennyshaved.com
- Follow Along With The FoodTruckr.com Case Study
- How To Rank In Competitive Affiliate Niches
- 7 Days, $1,200, 1 Website – Black Friday / Cyber Monday Case Study
- How I Grew A Niche Affiliate Site From $0 – $3,934 A Month In 6 Months
- $20,000 Per Month eCommerce Affiliate Site
- 2 Affiliate Promotion Case Studies
- Affiliate Marketing Case Study For CrazyForBargains.com
- How I Tapped Into The Fitness Market in a Weekend
Membership Site Case Studies
Creating membership sites can be incredibly profitable if done right. You get the advantage of predictable, recurring income. Plus, you have the ability to improve your product and conversion rates over time. These case studies will help you get a jump start.
- How To Start A Profitable Membership Site Step By Step
- How I Created Paid To Blog Jobs
- How A Poker Membership Site Made $100,000 In Its First Week
General Online Business Case Studies
The following case studies didn’t fit cleanly in the other sections. Take a look through the titles as there are a ton of valuable examples here.
- How to Write an eBook That Goes Viral and Gets You Tons of Traffic
- Case Study: How A Headline Made The Difference Between 100 and 5000 Visits
- Contest Case Study Part 1
- Case Study: Which Source of Web Traffic Converts the Best?
- How I Generated 1,861 Visitors from a Single Forum Post [Traffic and Conversion #10]
- How We Got A Link From CNN And Drove Loads Of Traffic With Infographics
- Need More Website Traffic? Move Your Site To WordPress
- How I Generated 4000 Website Visitors With 28 Press Releases In 45 Days
- Case Study: 13 Pre-Launch Traffic Strategies For Startups
- Case study: How a site redesign doubled returning visitors
- How Much Traffic Does the Misspelled Domain of a Popular Blog Get? [CASE STUDY]
- Cross Marketing Optimization – Search And Social [Case Study]
- Word Of Mouth Marketing Case Study: Epson & Sparkplugging
- How I won the TechnShare Guest Post Competition
- Project: “Throw Money At It” – Part 1
- How To Generate Massive Traffic, Excitement, and Even Jealousy With A Launch Trailer